This page describes how the Akku client and web site handle personally identifiable information.
Command line client
The akku command line client does not collect personally identifiable information. Some subcommands of the client make network requests on behalf of the user and the target of the request may in turn use the data sent over the network:
- The commands that make these requests are marked with a "*" in the akku help output.
- Network requests are only made to the extent that they are necessary to carry out the requested operations, e.g. to download an updated package index, download a package, to publish a package, etc.
The akkuscm.org and related web sites handle personally identifiable information in the following manner:
- Web server requests are saved in standard log files.
- The web server logs are rotated weekly and are shredded after four rotations.
- The web server logs are used purely for anonymous statistics and troubleshooting.
- The web site displays the names of authors of software.
Questions and requests related to Akku and privacy should be sent to privacy at this domain name.